The allergy and cold season is our least favorite part of the year. For many parents it is the time when our children are dealing with the stuffy nose, itchy throat, and watery eyes.
We do what we can to help them to sleep and to stop coughing and feeling miserable – but at times it seems that there is no medicine that can help.
In cases like this the best option you have is purchase a warm mist humidifier. These have been used for years to help people to fight against the symptoms of the cold, flu, allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems.
When purchasing a model for your child’s room you need to understand what features you want to look for.
Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 Reivew Is Is Best Humidifier For Baby?
Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 gallon console humidifier can cope with large room of up to 2300 square feet in volume. It can output a total of nine gallons of water into the air per day to keep the home humidified. This helps prevent chapped lips, dry nasal passages, dry skin and static electricity.
It also helps to keep wood floors and wooden furnishings at their best, and of course, any flowers and plants you may have in your home will certainly appreciate air that is moist and more humid.
Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 Features and Specifications
- The Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 has an output of 9 gallons of water a day.
- It is designed to serve rooms that are up to 2300 square feet in volume.
- It has an adjustable humidity control that has three moisture settings.
- It is 30 percent quieter than other similar tower models.
- It can run for up to 24 hours on a full tank of water before it requires refilling.
- It employs an Air Washing pre-filter that captures dust, dirt and pollen to prevent it being circulated through the air.
- Itr has an antimicrobial-treated filter which helps to prevent mold, fungus, algae and bacteria being circulated in the room.
- It measures 21 inches long by 17-1/2 inches wide by 13 inches deep.
- It uses HC-14 replacement filters.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It has an Amazon shipping weight of 20 pounds.
- It can only be shipped through Amazon to postal addresses within the USA.
A Whole day on a Single Filling
The Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 can run all day long, a full 24 hours in fact, on a single filling of water. That means you won’t have to constantly wonder when it needs to be refilled. It will output its full tank of nine gallons of water every day to keep your house well humidified and more pleasant to live in.
More Hygienic, More Healthy and Safer Too
The filter used in the Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 is antimicrobial-treated. This helps to prevent fungus, mold, algae and bacteria from building up and taking over. This then means that the air you breathe is purer and more healthy, and much more hygienic too.
Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 – Customer Reviews and Scores
There are 93 customer reviews on Amazon at the time of writing for the Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare 9-gallon console humidifier. On average, the customers who published a review have scored this model 3.7 out of 5 stars.
One customer said, “It is a bit noisy,” and another said, “This unit is not quiet.” However, that is not an issue with most customers, most of whom are extremely happy with their purchase.
Other customers have said, “It’s quiet but the fan on it is very powerful,” “I like this humidifier enough to give it a full five,” “…it helps us breath better and we are no longer super thirsty when we wake up,” “…a great product,” and, “I am happy with this purchase, and would recommend the product.”
Where Can You Buy the Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009?
You can buy this Honeywell QuietCare HCM-6009 humidifier with air washing technology from Amazon. From what I can tell when comparing prices with other online merchants, Amazon do currently have the best deal at the time of writing.